Resetting expectations [Was: Ian plans to dive in on 17, 18 Oct; proposed next meeting 9 October]

On 4 Oct 2012, at 1:16 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today I had a discussion with Jeff Jaffe and Marie-Claire Forgue about the "project management" topic that is related to, but not the same as, the modern guide project.
>
> They were excited to hear our plan, and are delaying the project management training work until January, so that they can use the modern guide as input.
>
> This is good because:
>
> * We now have a customer!
> * We get more volunteers!
> * There isn't a second parallel project to take (my) time.
>
> Because I think "I need to dive in" I plan to do so on the (Chicago) afternoons of 17 and 18 October. That's not set in stone, but I plan to take a bunch of hours to start hammering away at the content.

Hi all,

I need to reset that expectation. I thought this week would be light enough to allow me to carve out time. It hasn't worked out that way.

I still plan to do a breakout session in Lyon, but may not have had time to swap in all the content.

Ian