Re: Requesting page with 'mobile' user-agent

The issue that we faced with this was that we could not predict what user agents would be recognised as "mobile" at any particular time. Hence we made up a mobileOK checker user agent string which needs to be recognised by a Web server in order to do a redirect or display a mobile friendly page directly.

The process that a mobileOK checker follows, including the HTTP request headers and the algorithm for following redirects, is described under http://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/#http_request

HTH
Jo