Re: The mobile validator doesn't work

Hello Ivan,

Le vendredi 11 mars 2011 à 11:09 +0100, Ivan Carmona a écrit :
> I have trying to validate some URLs in http://validator.w3.org/mobile/
> and it does not work. It takes long time processing without giving any
> result. I have experienced this problem during the  last week.
>
> Those are some examples of the URLs I am trying to test:
> www.regeringen.se
> www.arbetsformedlingen.se
> https://magyarorszag.hu/
> http://www.szmm.gov.hu/
>
> Would it be possible to have a quick answer about this?

While the main maintainer of the service will not be available until
Monday, I have tested the tool on http://www.w3.org/ and it did respond,
so I suspect the problem is linked to the specific sites you're testing.

In particular, since the checker verifies all the pages linked from the
tested pages, for heavy-linked pages, the processing time might be
greater than what our servers accept for serving responses.

But given what I understand are the goal of your project (checking a
large number of pages and analyzing the results), I would recommend
trying to use a local version of the checker, possibly using only the
command line interface of the tool — cf
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2007/mobileok-ref/

Regards,

Dom