Re: SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: The element type "a" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</a>".

On 01/11/2011 07:03 PM, james@mobilewebexpert.co.uk wrote:
> Thanks Francois,
>
> Yes, you are right. I think I had jumped the gun a bit: I was assuming it had bombed out, but in actual fact it took 195 seconds to complete (for http://www.chaletdulys.it/)... Is 195 seconds normal?!

Well, that's long. What usually takes a long time is resources retrieval, since the mobileOK Checker needs to retrieve:
- the resource under test
- the style sheets  referenced by the resource
- the images embedded in the resource and in the stylesheets
- the resources linked from the main resource.

Still, except when there's a connection problem with the resource to test, this should not take more than 30 seconds.

> I've found it very hard to come across any current code snippets - could you share any with me or point me in the right direction. I'm just looking to perform a mobileOK test on a url, and extract data from the results to display onscreen.

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer.

You may want to have a look at how the W3C mobileOK Checker wraps around the mobileOK Checker library. The code is available under:
  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/mobileok-servlet

See in particular the "run" method in:
  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/mobileok-servlet/src/org/w3c/mwi/mobileok/basic/servlet/TesterWrapper.java

... and how the results get converted to a visual report in method:
  private void sendResponse(HttpServletResponse response,
                         TesterWrapper testerWrapper, String contentType)
... in:
  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/mobileok-servlet/src/org/w3c/mwi/mobileok/basic/servlet/TesterHttpServlet.java

The UI makes extensive use of XSLT to extract data from the mobileOK report and display that data on screen. Depending on what you want to do, this may or may not be the right way forward.

Francois.