RE: New release of CSS Validator

Le vendredi 14 mars 2008 à 14:30 +0100, Miguel Garcia a écrit :
> Launching the tester gives me the next warning
> org.w3c.css.util.Messages: couldn't load properties en
>   java.io.FileNotFoundException: \file:\C:\Proyectos\mobileok-ref\lib\css-validator.jar!\org\w3c\css\util\Messages.properties.en (El nombre de archivo, directorio o etiqueta del volumen no es válido) for all messages files.

I had noticed those too, but I hadn't though they could be responsible
for the failure; but now thinking again about how we determine parsing
error (i.e. by checking that the error message is null), this makes
plenty of sense.

> Digging a bit through org.w3c.css.util.Messages.java code I reached where locales are inicialized and messages files loaded. In order to load a messages file the URL pointing at it is cleaned through adjustURL method. This method doesn't consider file:/ (with only one slash '/') option so I ended with an URL as file:///file:/......
>
> After modifying this class so adjustURL method is not used and replacing the css library and I managed to launch ContentFormatSupportTest 7 with success.

Good job! Would you mind sending your patch on
org.w3c.css.util.Messages.java to www-validator-css@w3.org?

Dom