Re: ACTION: The order of HTTP Headers

On 5/23/07, Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi> wrote:
> For moki, I would prefer to maintain the ordering as received. I'm not
> sure that this makes it either easier or harder select values ...
>
> e.g. //primaryDoc//HTTPResponse[last()]/header[@name="charlie"] does not
> depend on the ordering ...

No but testing does. Now you can't merely diff two documents and tell
whether they are the same, because header ordering may cause spurious
differences. It's not impossible to rewrite the test code to parse all
this out and order it and compare, but, it's a fairly big jump in
complexity for no apparent benefit -- we do have the original response
recorded anyway, with ordering intact. We're normalizing away notably
more than the order already so I'm not seeing much of a downside to
ordering.