Re: Error Text (was RE: Checker Home Page and Regular Teleconference Details)

On 5/17/07, Roland Gülle <roland@7val.com> wrote:
> If we want to generate a fallback message (for messages not special
> implemented in the language file),
> my solution is the XInclude processing in a separate process.
> OK, this is all possible with XSLT, with xsl:import... xsl:variable,
> with other frameworks,
> but with document() or XInclude the messages can directly handled in
> the XSLT and the messages are xml.
>
> Attached are both versions: document() and XInclude - lets find a
> solution ;-)

The document() solution seems pretty straightforward. Selecting from a
doc or invoking a method are about the same, though I assume invoking
a method is a bit faster. Yes, this doesn't tidily handle the fallback
messages, whereas Java MessageBundles do. I'm not against this
approach if several people would prefer to change the implementation,
if it's clear how language fallback is handled cleanly.