Re: Error Text (was RE: Checker Home Page and Regular Teleconference Details)

On 5/17/07, Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi> wrote:
> Yes, I see the approach, but while I don't want to give away the
> advantages of Java message bundles, I think the XSLT would be more
> useful if it could be run independently of the framework. E.g. if
> someone decided to generate a moki document, they could then run the
> tests in turn by calling them from an XSLT, rather than from the
> framework.

In general, this is not going to be possible. Some bits of test logic
that I've already run into (e.g. "if X, re-request the document with
headers Y and Z") must be delegated to helper functions. This is part
of why I've been tilting at the XSL solution for a while... it's
seductive but you end up with a half-way solution which has
disadvantages of both approaches.

I still think the XSL solution is clean in many cases and we should
proceed with it, but consider the stylesheets an implementation detail
of the framework and not take undue pain to make them independently
usable. Where they happen to be, great.