RE: Reference Checker

Le vendredi 02 février 2007 à 03:44 -0500, Jo Rabin a écrit :
> I think it would be good if we did some light-weight specification of
> the scope e.g. that we are building a bunch of Java classes rather
> than an HTTP accessible API, for example and draft up an outline
> requirements. Including Nacho, are we sure that everyone we’d like to
> include is on this list?

I think I've invited explicitly everyone in the BP group during the F2F
meeting; that said, it may be worth reiterating the invitation to the
member list, or even maybe to the public list (public-bpwg) in case
others are interested.

> Having done that bit of scoping I do think it would be useful to get
> together, travel budgets permitting. And as I mentioned before,
> dotMobi would be pleased to host in Dublin, which I suppose would
> technically be a F2F of the BPWG (with agenda limited to this topic)
> plus other invited observers?

Actually, at this time, I don't think the work on the checker itself is
in scope of the current checker of BPWG; it mentions work on a set of
requirements for a validation tool, not the production of a reference
implementation.

Which means we're more or less free to do this in an informal fashion as
a collaborative work outside the BPWG.

>  And so needs a minimum period of notice of … to conform to all the
> relevant protocols?

If we keep the idea that this is a BPWG F2F, the notice must be sent 8
weeks in advance, per the W3C process...

>  Or would it be an editorial meeting of the putative editors of the
> relevant document, in which case I think there is a less stringent
> requirement on notice periods?

Or if this is just a meeting of people who want to work together, the
minimal period of notice is the one sufficient to get all the people
interested around the table :)

> James tells me that we could make this coincide with MoMo Dublin
> inaugural event, if that holds any appeal!

When is that?

Also, as a reminder, if we're to use the CVS repository on dev.w3.org,
I'll need a ssh2 key of all the persons that expect to be able to commit
files on that repository.

Thanks,

Dom