RE: css with regex

Hi everyone,

> a) can you stop the CSS validator from importing files to check?

 This is really a problem because we have error reporting

 both in the imported file and the original CSS. On the other hand I did
not

 find how to set this with CSS validator.

In order to review (I am a bit lost), the current process with CSS is:

*In Preprocessing phase (Preprocessor class) Java classes are created

 for every kind of CSS (except inline CSS).These Java classes are
EmbeddedCSSResource

 and HTTPCSSResource. The responsibilities of these classes are
basically validating CSS.

*Entity of CSS Retrieval blocks are built with the data contained in
HTTPCSSResource objects.

*CSS tests with regex approach are made against CSS blocks in moki
(entiy tag of retrieval blocks

 or primaryDoc).

Now we are talking about preprocessing  CSS in order to applied only
proper media and so on. I have some doubts

with this:

When this modification takes place?

-Is going to be saved in moki and accessible thorough XPATH (In this
case we would have false entity headers or would use other tags)

-Recover through XPATH CSS stuff (like is nowdays occurs) and then
process the obtained CSS.

            -Save this information and the beginning of Preprocessing in
Java Classes (HTTPCSSResource and EmbededdCSSResource plus CSS inline
info) so

             CSS validator can be  applied against correct CSS stuff.

I think that this last approach is the correct if we want to solve CSS
Validator problem. What I don' know is if the modified CSS is going to
be saved in moki or not because

of the XPATH expressions.

Abel.

a) can you stop the CSS validator from importing files to check?

b) most likely the structural checkering and stripping can be done with
SAC all in one phase?

Jo