Re: CSS discussion

I think we agree -- you are mostly concerned about validation, which I
think is important. My first two solutions to that are:

1) Run the CSS validator on it and take its results -- this is
probably "good enough" for 1.0
2) Where not good enough, use SAC to chew through the CSS and look for
what we like.

And separately I've said how I think the actual test implementations
are trivial even without SAC.

This to me makes the serialization piece of this a nice idea, but
vestigial and optional at this moment. If this serialization were
already complete, I would not be arguing to rip it out. But as Abel
says, there is a daunting amount of detail left to consider, and I
don't find it palatable to leave this in half-baked. As we still need
to complete core tests, and are not ahead of schedule, I personally
can't see supporting more work on this right now.

I don't want to throw it away -- on the contrary, actually, I'd like
to see this expanded into a standalone project that could be re-used
outside this project. It is a good idea.

My concrete proposal is to:
1) Use CSS Validator + SAC to validate
2) Let Laura finish and commit her CSS tests as described in this thread
3) Comment out the CSS serialization code