Re: Architectural Ideas

I virtually completely agree with what you describe here, if I
understand it correctly.

Jo's idea was to make every "real" mobileOK Basic test depend
completely on the preprocessor results document. While it adds a
little overhead it is a tidy design.

But yes the preprocessor has to do a lot of work to prepare for this.
It has to run tests which are not strictly mobileOK Basic tests, like,
parsing and verifying a CSS stylesheet. Is this what you mean by
GrammarTest and non-declarative tests?

Yes, I think all of this logic goes into the Preprocessor and related
classes like the HTTPXXXXResource classes. My intention was to only
subclass TestImplementation to implement the "real" mobileOK Basic
tests. That's why the one method that they all implement takes in the
PreprocessorResults object.

PS you are going to commit some code changes? I'm personally fine with
that as I believe we're very much in agreement and sometimes its
easiest to start looking at each others' changes to sync up on the
remaining details.

Sean