Re: MATF Minutes August 26, 2021

I sent my regrets earlier to day straight to Kim and Kathy but I it didn’t get to Kim’s email  - so here again to the list. If possible please revise the minutes to include my regrets (though not important).

Hi Kim, Kathy,
at the time being I would like to take a step back from the current approach of converting 2.X SCs in to the 3.0 format, so I will not attend the MATF meeting today. I am glad a subgroup will now tackle the revision of outcomes as the  next step in conformance revisions. I think getting a better feeling as to the granularity of outcomes and the way they reflect functional categories and input methods, working on a cluster of related outcomes, will help reaping the true benefits of a WCAG redesign. Doing this via a 1:1 transfer of SCs seems potentially wasteful to me - which doesn't mean that there wouldn't be important lessons to be learned during that excercise.  But since I am quite time-constrained, I prefer to take another route and focus my energies on the outcomes revision task for now.