Re: MATF Minutes September 24, 2020

On 24/09/2020 20:18, Chris McMeeking wrote:
> @patrick: The naivety is in assuming that the Desktop and the Mobile
> conversation are the same discussion. Different users, different input
> mechanisms, etc. These conversations must be had separately in order for
> them to be comprehensible.

Then who is having the desktop conversation, officially? Because I'm
fairly sure that AGWG as a whole is expecting the TF here to usher
through the SC in general, not just look at the mobile-specific aspect.
And note that the end result must still be a single SC that applies to
all platform, it can't be scoped to "for mobile" or "for touch devices",
or even give a "for touch, it must be this, for mouse/stylus, it must be
this" as devices inputs can be fluid and change at any moment (e.g. a
mouse being paired with a nominally touch-only device; a "desktop"
device with a touchscreen as well as a mouse; etc)

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux
Inclusive Design 24 (#id24) https://inclusivedesign24.org