Re: Best place for revised Pointer Target Spacing

Basically we've tried to solve the User / Functional Need / fix the intent
of activating the wrong link by providing target spacing IF targets are
less than 44 CSS pixels.
(so not setting a minimum target size, this might be an option but just
want to be clear on preventing the accidental activation of small targets)

We've come up with two approaches last year where we need to word it in a
way to solve different scenarios.
Hereby two ways of looking at it, not perfectly, but to give an idea on the
challenge we need to solve in a beautiful sentence.
This is not per se a suggestion but an addition to show the two ways of
approaching this:

(Again, a SC for setting a minimum target size might be made (or integrated
in this one) but the 44 px was already that one not ending up at AA, if we
want one smaller than 44 this might be done without blending it with this
User Need / intent)

--------------------------------------
1 (all possibilities smaller than the AAA version)
--------------------------------------

The width and height of targets and their target spacing is at least 44 CSS
pixels where spacing between targets do not overlap, except when:

Inline: The target is in a sentence or block of text;
Essential: A particular presentation of the target is essential to the
information being conveyed.

2 (8 px with fix for grey area)

There is 8 CSS pixel target spacing for each target smaller than 36 CSS
pixels
AND FOR
Targets between 36 and 44 CSS pixels the Total of target and target spacing
is at least 44 CSS pixels,