Re: Best place for revised Pointer Target Spacing

Am 09.09.2020 um 15:04 schrieb jake abma:
> Just a small reminder that the intent was not to have another SC text
> with a smaller target size, but to have a least a 8 CSS px distance
> between adjacent targets (morphed into the current text)

Hi Jake,
I thought working with a smaller size was what had emerged as an
alternative approach favoured by some in the last WG telco - but of
course am open to other approaches. Setting a lower target size for an
AA requirement may be easier to understand, and it would avoid the
detrimental approach of reducing target size in order compress groups pf
targets (as would probably also happen if we set 8px as minuimum distance).

The other potential negative impact of an 8px distance requirement would
be the incentive to create targets with gaps rather than including
padding (of icons or text links)  in the active target area, which at
least for mouse users would be better than gaps (I guess the tap
heuristics make this less of a problem under mobile OSs).

Best,
Detlev