Re: Dragging movement

Hi Wilco,
just to explain:
We had this fine distinction regarding "requiring movement in a specific
direction" in the honing phase of 2.5.1 - some AG members wanted to make
sure that a pointer gesture would require directionality at the outset
(see illustration in Understanding 2.5.1) and thereby exclude dragging
movements. Which creates a somewhat awkward situation that now, certain
input actions could be considered a gesture falling under 2.5.1 in
certain UA contexts (e.g. mobile phone) - for example, a control slider
thumb only 'latching on' to the gesture if it was clearly horizontal /
directional (if vertical, it would initiate page scrolling) - while no
directionality might be required in other contexts (e.g. desktop / mouse
pointer).

Detlev