Re: Revised understanding texts for 2.6 and 2.5.1, call for help regarding SC passes for 2.6.1 Motion Actuation

On 13/02/2018 16:40, Detlev Fischer (TK) wrote:

> I am really struggling to find explict implementations of SC 2.6.1
> Motion Actuation (fallback for things like shake-to-undo).

You may have more luck finding something that reacts to device tilting
(rather than shaking) but also offers fallback of having explicit
buttons. Particularly games.

> In a sense,
> any and all content that accepts user input and can be undone by shaking
> the phone (iOS only - OR requiring the rooting of Android devices to
> implement similar functionality as far as I am aware of). So on iOS,
> nearly any web site would meet the SC. I am not sure though that this
> would count as successful implementation of SC 2.6.1. Searching for web
> sites making use of sensor  input shows more (some even quite dated)
> examples of what is techically possible than actual implementations. I
> call for help on twitter has not resulted in any examples. Will this SC
> in th eend be dropped simply because we cannot find implementations?

The technology is still quite new (and it seems developers are, for
once, NOT jumping on it without thinking of the consequences, so it's
not abused). What if an SC covers situations that are not pervasive yet?
Ones where good and bad examples are not readily available? But where
logically it's easy to see how developers could make something
inaccessible (using a failure technique to illustrate) and having a good
example (as a positive example technique) of how they can easily meet
the SC?

Senior Accessibility Engineer
The Paciello Group
https://www.paciellogroup.com
A VFO™ Company http://www.vfo-group.com/
--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the