Re: 48px vs 44px target sizing

On 06/09/2016 17:34, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 06/09/2016 17:24, Jonathan Avila wrote:
>> Just looking at an iPad, a 50px button may be sufficient -- but on an
>> iPhone 6s the same button is considerably smaller -- likely too small
>> for many.
>
> Do you have an actual test page where you verified this? And does the
> page set the ideal viewport of width=device-width?

Also, see this
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/Summary_of_Research_on_Touch/Pointer_Target_Size#Comparison_of_web_content_sized_in_px_and_physical_size_of_rendered_content_on_common_device_screens
where I actually tested iPad vs iPhone for a specific size in (45x45px):

iPad 2 (1024 x 768, dpr 1) - 9mm
iPad Air 2 (1024 x 768, dpr 2) - 9.5mm
iPhone 6s (375 x 667, dpr 2) - 7.5mm

While there *is* a difference, I think this is a reasonably acceptable
variation - provided we keep the suggested size to a high-enough minimum.