From: David MacDonald
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:03 PM
To: Gregg Vanderheiden
Cc: Patrick H. Lauke; GLWAI Guidelines WG org; public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: New SC relating to notifications of content change (was Re: Some thinking around the orientation discussion)

Yes I tend to think that changes that happen downstream from the control that changes them could be exempt  if it's in the regular flow... such as a checkbox "do you have any kids" which adds fields for kids after the control if checked off...

so we might have to scope that use case out of the requirement...

also for interactive things... 4.1.2 requires

"
​...​
states, properties, and values that can be set by the user can be programmatically set; and
​***​
notification of changes to these items is available to user agents
​***​
, including assistive technologies."

So User interface components, such as expand collapse widgets, menus, etc... are covered in 4.1.2 and are not scoped in this SC...
​ regular aria-expanded etc... should do it...​

​Let's try to work off this draft, and make changes to that...​

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposed_SC_on_information_added_or_removed_from_a_page#Proposed_3.4.1

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.