Re: Tweak 2.5.3

In discussions during the call I took an action to make it clear that 2.5.3
is about the environment with AT is turned off.  I thought it would be best
to just make it a trailing note after the SC.

===========================
2.5.3 Independent Activation: The activation gesture has one or more of the
following characteristics (Level A):

   1. is separate from the focus gesture,
   2. provides confirmation,
   3. is reversible,
   4. a mechanism is available to activate functionality independently from
   focus.

This is when platform assistive technology that remaps touch gestures is
not turned

===================
**OR:**

If we want to incorporate it into the text of the SC then it would look
like this.
2.5.3 Independent Activation: When platform assistive technology that
remaps touch gestures is off, the activation gesture has one or more of the
following characteristics (Level A): ...
We use "When platform assistive technology that remaps touch gestures is
turned on/off" twice now. This is the most accurate term we could come up
with, but is a bit of a mouthful, do we dare create an acronym (PATRTG ??)
which would be defined in its first appearance and in the glossary?

===Definition==
Platform assistive technology that remaps touch gestures (PATRTG): Software
that is integrated into the operating system, ships with the product,
and/or is updated or installed via system updates. This software changes
the characteristics of the touch interface when turned on. (e.g., When
turned on, a system screen reader may remap a right swipe gesture to move
focus from item to item instead of it's default behaviour of changing
screens, when the assistive technology is not on.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposed_revision_of_2.5.3#Proposed_2.5.3

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 4:02 PM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> I've updated it to "focus" instead of "selection"
>
> We might also consider "on focus" but I'd like the group to mull that over
> before giving that nod to JavaScript.
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 9:58 PM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> my interpretation is "focus"
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Jonathan Avila <
>> jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I apologize that I was not on the call on Thursday but I had an
>>> unexpected eye doctor appointment.   I have a question around 2.5.3 – what
>>> is meant by selection?  We use that twice and I’m not sure what we mean by
>>> that.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Jonathan

>>> 2) provides confirmation,