RE: Desktop view should not be conforming alternative to mobile view

> How, exactly? IF a mobile-optimized version omits functionality found in the desktop view, that's not an accessibility problem - it's something that affects all users.

It is if there is no link to the desktop site -- because for me when I use low resolution or zoom to read the page on my desktop I am kicked into mobile view and I don't have the same functionality and if I can't get to it then I can't use the site and IMO SC 1.4.4 fails because not all the same content or functionality is available at 200% non-AT zoom.  Many developer assume that we're all using 1600x800 on our desktop and that isn't the case.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com
703.637.8957 (Office)

Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin | Blog
Check out our Digital Accessibility Webinars!