Re: Minutes of Mobile A11y TF teleconference of 31 March 2016

On 02/04/2016 00:14, David MacDonald wrote:
> We're in the process of exploring what WCAG.NEXT will look like... one
> option is not having extensions, and just going to the next version of
> WCAG, which would make the problem go away.
>
> Otherwise what would you call this extension, if you could "name that
> child"?
> Touch screen and small screen accessibility?

As previously mentioned, I wouldn't treat this as a single
self-contained extension, but rather a series of additions and patches
to the original WCAG 2.0 all relating to disparate types of technologies
(touch screen, small screen, sensors, etc) - which yes happen to be
concentrated on mobile devices, but are just as valid on other devices
too. For instance, a lot of the talk concentrates on broadening the
"keyboard" concept in WCAG 2.0 to cover more keyboard-like/sequential
navigation schemes (like touchscreen + AT, with gestures moving the
focus between focusable elements in source order).