Re: Reworking Moble TF Doc to turn into WACG Extension

Patrick: Sure, but this SC would be relegated into the "touch/mobile"
extension to WCAG, which somebody designing a desktop/mouse site may look
into (again, going back to the fundamental problem of WCAG extension, but I
digress).

David: WCAG 2 is a stable document, entrenched in many jurisdictional laws,
which is a good thing. So far, unless something drastically changes in
consensus or in the charter approval, the extension model is what we are
looking at.

However, we may want to explore the idea of incorporating all these
recommendations into failure techniques or sufficient techniques for
*existing* Success Criteria in WCAG core, which would ensure they get first
class treatment in WCAG proper. This would ensure that they are not left
out of jurisdictions that didn't add the extension. But some of the
placement in existing Success Criteria could be pretty contrived. Most
would probably end up in 1.3.1 (like everything else).

I think it is worth weighing hard the pros and cons of rolling these into
WCAG core vs, adding Success Criteria and Guidelines in this extension.

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902