Re: Reworking Moble TF Doc to turn into WACG Extension

On 31/08/2015 22:02, David MacDonald wrote:
> *Patrick: *As said, when touch AT is running, all gestures are
> intercepted by the AT at the moment (unless you mean taps?). And only
> iOS, to my knowledge, has a passthrough gesture (which is not
> announced/exposed to users, so a user would have to guess that if they
> tried it, something would then happen).
>
> *David:* All gestures are intercepted. But all standard gestures are
> replaced, unless the author does something dumb to break that. I think
> we need to, at a minimum ensure that standard replacement gestures are
> not messed uo.

I think it's critical to define what you mean by "standard gesture"
then. As noted, later in the document I infer that a "tap" also falls
under the definition of "gesture", but this is counter-intuitive to me
and many devs.

> For instance: I recently tested a high profile app for a major sports
> event. It had a continuous load feature like twitter that kept
> populating as you scroll down with one finger. Turn on the VoiceOver and
> try the 3 finger equivalent of a swipe and nothing happens to populate
> the page. The Blind user has hit a brick wall. I think we have to ensure
> this type of thing doesn't happen on WCAG conforming things.

So scrolling is also a gesture? Again, I would not talk about it in
those terms. A gesture to me is a swipe, pinch, rotation. Taps,
scrolling, etc should be clearly identified as such, IMHO.--