Re: SC's or techniques on Force and duration

On 15/12/2015 13:36, Jonathan Avila wrote:
[...]
> Your examples of the sliders are good -- but
> that IMO is not a single tap gestures but a tap and slide.  So
> perhaps just keeping this single or long tap gestures is safest.

Agree.

> I do run into this issue often on certain mobile apps and certain
> sites where I'll put my finger down to perform to do something and
> the action is triggered right away on the thing I wasn't trying to
> affect.
>
> Have you looked at the iOS settings for touch accommodations?   They
> seem to mirror what we are trying to say.

I shamefully admit that I hadn't looked into those. But now that I have,
this makes me wonder: since there are two conflicting scenarios here - a
user who WANTS to activate a control but may lack the dexterity to keep
their finger over the control, and a user who accidentally tapped down
on a control and DOESN'T want to activate it - is it right for an SC to
prefer one scenario over another and make the other one non-conformant?
Or is the whole problem (depending on which scenario you're in) one that
is best left to UAs to address (so a UAAG one)?