RE: ACTION-18: Look at mwbp re: text resize (Mobile Accessibility Task Force)

Keep in mind that there are at least two default browsers on the Android (depending on the version of the OS) - the Android browser and Chrome.  These have different accessibility options and support.  For screen reader users Firefox is considered the most accessible Android browser.   While users can choose different browsers to use -- hybrid apps use the default browser for the particular OS version AFAIK. And the user has no option to change it.  I'm not aware that accessibility settings come through in the hybrid apps -- this might be a good thing to check out to find out if they do.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 11:36 AM
To: public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: RE: ACTION-18: Look at mwbp re: text resize (Mobile Accessibility Task Force)

Hi all,

I was wrong about something I said on the call...

The screenshot in this message isn't from the Android browser (as I said), it is from the Android "font size" setting (available from settings>My Device>Display>Font size

I did some quick testing and this platform font-size setting does not seem to be respected by the browser. Instead, the browser has its own text scaling setting. A screenshot is here:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fZhUez5a1pU/T5qpZWNXbxI/AAAAAAAAA1Q/GAF7lWe9tho/s640/Screenshot_2012-04-26-22-04-05.jpg

Cheers,
Jan

(MR) JAN RICHARDS