From: "kim@redstartsystems.com<mailto:kim@redstartsystems.com>" <kim@redstartsystems.com<mailto:kim@redstartsystems.com>>
Date: Friday, 8 August 2014 16:11
To: "public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org<mailto:public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org>" <public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org<mailto:public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org>>
Subject: Minutes: MATF 8 August 2014

Minutes from today's meeting follow and are also posted here:
http://www.w3.org/2014/08/08-mobile-a11y-minutes.html

Cheers,
Kim

[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
Mobile Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mobile-a11y-tf/2014Aug/0004.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2014/08/08-mobile-a11y-irc>

Attendees

Present
Kim_Patch, Alan_Smith, TomB, Kathy_Wahlbin
Regrets
Brent_Shiver, Jan_Richards, Jonathan_avila, Jeanne_Spellman
Chair
Kathleen_Wahlbin
Scribe
KimPatch
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2014/08/08-mobile-a11y-minutes.html#agenda>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2014/08/08-mobile-a11y-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 08 August 2014

<Kathy> I will be a few minutes late

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/New_WCAG_2.0_Techniques

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/66524/20140512_survey/results

<Kathy> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/66524/20140512_survey/results#xq32

<Kathy> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/G142.html

<AlanSmith> I'm good with that.

<Kathy> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/66524/20140512_survey/results#xq32

<Kathy> http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/futuremedia/accessibility/mobile/audio-and-video/metadata

<AlanSmith> Congrats on finishing the survey list of items.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/Technique_Development_Assignments

went through last four items of survey – notes in survey

Kathy: Next meeting we will go through how to write techniques, resources etc.
... keep in mind this is an initial list – if have something else, or have thoughts on something else, speak up

Kim: next meeting is at the new time 11:00 Eastern

Kathy: our purpose is to identify which techniques are applicable to web – webpages that get loaded into a browser – versus a native application. So we are identifying the techniques that would be applicable to either one or both.
... if you can do a filter on mobile under all the techniques, we want that to show up as a huge list of everything that's applicable to mobile. So if I'm writing a web application that runs in a browser, I know that all these techniques apply. So if I'm writing a native application I can pull all the techniques that apply to a native application. The idea was we went through all of the...
... techniques that were currently existing under WCAG success criteria, and we need to do a step further – in the applies to column we have mobile web and native application, a lot of them under general should be applicable to both, but we do want to go through and update that column.

Brent: section 4, scripts, how do they apply

Kathy: it could be anything but a lot of those will probably be just mobile web and not applicable to native application

Brent: hybrid apps that use HTML

Kathy: HTML is web. We would have to duplicate – all of them would have to be changed to reference the programming language for native apps because HTML is specific to mobile web

Alan: Like aria required?

Kathy: we should note that the principles apply
... we will also start going through the sections next week
... Brent to eventually go through the IBM checklist – a gap analysis to see if we have addressed everything that's on the IBM check list.

Brent: going to bring it to my team, will hear back near the end of August

<Kathy> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/WCAG_2.0_Techniques_Applicable_to_Mobile_without_Changes

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________