Re: What to do about newlines in attribute values?

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:04 PM, David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com> wrote:

> You could put your svg data in element content instead of attribute
> content then post-process that to HTML (moving it to an attribute).
>
> Also how often do people hand edit large SVG data ?

It's more than just SVG.  When editing any list of tokens newlines are
often a convenient way for a user to separate them.  Lists of tokens are a
common use for XML attributes.

And anyway, I do probably hand edit SVG data with long coordinate lists
every few weeks.  I don't think that's rare at all.  I generally use a tool
to generate the basic SVG and then do the rest by hand.  I know there are a
fair number who do so as well, and it's one of the selling points of SVG.

But as you say, without namespaces SVG would be a tricky one for MicroXML,
anyway, which is why I point out that the convenience goes well beyond SVG.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com