Re: Media types

On 13 September 2012 14:56, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
> On 13/09/2012 14:47, Rushforth, Peter wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I change my vote to +1 for application/xml.
>

> I think application/xml is OK or not depending on the outcome of the
> decision about newlines in attributes. I don't think you can really use
> an xml mime type if their are microxml documents that produce different
> parse trees if parsed as xml.

Does it really matter though?

If the subset is parsed as XML the newlines get normalized, if it gets
parsed as MicroXML they don't... no big deal really (the other way
around would be)

A switch on the MircoXML parser could offer the same normalization behaviour.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com