Re: New Editor's Draft released

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:
> I have rewritten the Editor's Draft at <http://ccil.org/~cowan/MicroXML.html>
> to fit the consensus we've come to.   However, rather than leaving out
> PIs altogether (which would be easy enough), I wrote them in as appearing
> in the prolog only and constituting a separate section of the data model
> from the element tree.
>
> Please read it and send bug reports.

wow … I think this is coming great.

here are some very brief comments which are more to do with reducing
size of the doc, then focusing in on the meat.

——————————————
1.Introduction
——————————————

the section starting with;

'The creation of an XML subset can be justified even though the costs
of XML complexity have already been paid, for at least the following
reasons:'

…. along with associated bullet points.

I would consider removing … its useful material for the wiki IMHO.

——————————————
1.Introduction
——————————————

IMO we could drop some of the goals and/or combine a few;

* combine 1) and 2)
* combine 3) and 9)
* 4), 5) and 7) could be dropped (they seem like a logical consequence
of other goals)

——————————————
1.Introduction
——————————————

consider creating section 1.2 Terminology, at minimum to move RFC 2119
boilerplate into for now

——————————————
2.Syntax

within

' it matches the production labeled "[1] document"'

consider adding anchor links (throughout) …. though I see there are no
internal links just yet … so probably stating the bleeding obvious

5 Notation

consider dropping and just reference somewhere