Re: Design goal regarding HTML5

Should I detect here an aim towards a grand unification (HTML / XHTML / XML)
facilitated via MicroXML? That seems to me a very worthy cause: Idenitfy
those
minimal changes needed to achieve such unification (what needs to be removed
from XML and from HTML to achieve convergence - let XML drop things to get
MicroXML and let HTML relax a few things such as the DOCTYPE declaration
and maybe the prefixes on attributes in the SVG component). Then 1) MicroXML
could allow parsers to preserve in its data model whether the markup
included
to treat them as equivalent. Either way, here is a potential road map to
sensible
convergence, isn't it, with MicroXML setting out to make the first step
from the
XML side and to highlight potential reciprocal changes that might be made
from
the HTML side.
----
Stephen D Green