Re: Error recovery

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:53:27 +0700, James Clark <jjc@jclark.com> wrote:

>I have a case where I can't make up my mind which behaviour I prefer and I
>would like to get this group's input.
>
>Do you prefer
>
>  <e a=x/>
>
>to be treated as
>
>(a) <e a="x"/>, or
>
>(b) <e a="x/">

I'd be inclined to look ahead for </e> as
the next tag (possibly after other tags>.
If I saw the parent of this one close first,
I'd know for sure it was (a); if I saw </e>
first, I'd know for sure it was (b).

To save time, I'd assume (a) and proceed;
then if I saw </e>, it would be an error,
and I could switch the original one to (b)
to fix both errors.  If I never saw </e>,
then (a) was correct.

HTH!

  <jeremy@omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/