From: John Cowan [mailto:cowan@ccil.org] On Behalf Of John Cowan
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:33 PM
To: public-microxml@w3.org
Subject: The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on

The W3C XML Core WG <http://www.w3.org/XML/Core> discussed MicroXML briefly last week at a face-to-face meeting, and at more length today on the phone.  I belong to the WG, but didn't attend the F2F.

Since there hasn't been a posting here for more than a month, and no changes to the draft for six weeks, the Core WG would like to know if anyone on this Community Group objects to transferring further work on the MicroXML specification itself to the Core WG in hopes that it will eventually lead to a W3C Recommendation.  Other possible work items such as MicroAF, MicroExamplotron, and Automatic Namespaces would remain in the hands of this group.

This does not constitute any sort of commitment by the Core WG to actually work on MicroXML, of course.  However, its charter will be renewed next month, so this is a good moment to add MicroXML as an optional work item.

If there are any objections, please post them here or email me privately, or in the alternative communicate with Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>.
Giving reasons would be a Good Thing.

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan@ccil.org
'Tis the Linux rebellion / Let coders take their place, The Linux-nationale / Shall Microsoft outpace, We can write better programs / Our CPUs won't stall, So raise the penguin banner of / The Linux-nationale.  --Greg Baker