Re: Default namespaces

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji scripsit:
> > You can express RDF and OWL in the Clark and Cowan drafts of MicroXML
> just
> > fine. Just declare all your prefixes on the root element, which is what
> you
> > should be doing in full XML, anyway, if you're using it sanely*.
> >
> > * Of course I refer to both the Joe English definition of "sanity" and
> the
> > layman's language definition as well
>
> I don't think the Clark draft allows OWL or RDF because of the limitations
> on attribute names.

Ah, yeah RDF & OWL do require namespaced attributes at a minimum. I do
agree with your draft on namespaced attributes but not elements. That makes
RDF possible, but difficult, as you'd have to have multiple files, one per
vocabulary.

...Or they could just create an XML format for RDF that's not so terribly
Broken As Designed ;)

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net