Re: Processing instructions

Because the schema may not provide them. PIs will work with any document
and the default processing will just ignore them, the result being
equivalent with processing the document without ant change tracking
information.
Even if the schema will provide support for change tracking and
annotations each schema may have its own way of storing that thus you
will need a different solution for each schema.
At the DITA conference in North America there was a discussion to try to
unify these change tracking/annotation PIs to be product independent
because right now most of the tools provide similar PIs but with
different names.

Best Regards,
George
--