Re: Reply to address?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Hans Franke <raffzahn@yahoo.de> wrote:

> > > I do wish this community group had the list as its
> > > default reply to address.
>
> > Noooooo.  Use your mail client's "reply to all" feature.
>
> > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>
> That was already wrong when it was new :)
>
> And I'm not going to fight that long gone war again (beeing an old fart
> myself, I DO remember :) ), so please, set the reply to header to the
> mailing list address - thats what it's ment for :)

This is a big-endian/little-endian war.  Most of us have boxed that ring
numerous rounds, and it's definitely not worth fully re-hashing on this
list.  Pragmatically, this group is a spin-off from XML-DEV, and most of
the members of this list are also active on XML-DEV. XML-DEV does not munge
Reply-To, so it seems to me the "least surprise" is to also not munge
Reply-To.

Of course I'm biased given that my personal preference is strongly
against Reply-To munging (i.e. I'm with John).

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net