Re: Why MicroXML ?

On 07/24/2012 11:58 AM, David Lee wrote:

> ----------
> To explore and propose a new specification for a markup language based on XML for the following purposes
> <  insert WHY we are doing this>

I'm here for a couple of reasons.

1) I'd like to make it easier for other folks to work with me and my
technology stack. I have a significant investment in XML technology,
knowledge, etc., and I want it to be easier to train new developers and
to explain to customers what the rules are regarding their content
deliveries.

2) I'd like to make my life easier, as an XML developer / data
architect, by reducing unwarranted complexity in the data ecosystem I
inhabit.

So - in a word - simplicity.  I see this as less about "adding value"
and more about "deleting evil".  But I guess that's just my negative
outlook :)

-Mike