Re: Why MicroXML ?

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM, James Clark <jjc@jclark.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:
>
>> I think it's very important to have a new short specification.  People
>> should not have to read hundreds of pages of core XML specs and then
>> be told to throw away most of them to understand MicroXML.
>
> I very much agree.  I think this is a key part of the value of MicroXML.

+1

it should be a stated goal to generate a succinct version of the
MicroXML spec … we should shave off every non data pixel and amaze
anyone reading it at both its precision and economical definition.

perhaps using  2 phase documentation process heads off the vagaries of
decision by committee e.g. a larger annotated document that serves as
'living' document and a transform to succinct version.

Bonus round 0 = might be useful to consider using Robin Berjon
https://github.com/darobin/respec

Bonus round 1 = source doc is MicroXML and could be transformed to
final formats with zero energy.

Bonus round 2 = SVG output of spec in graphical/picture form