Re: Architectural Forms for MicroXML

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:20 PM, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> David Lee scripsit:
>
> > For those ignorant and curious like myself
> > Could you point us in the direction of a dummies guide to what AF is
> > about ?
>
> My previous posts plus the draft itself are my best shot at it.
> Existing docs (now mostly at the Internet Archive) are either specific
> to particular implementations, and don't provide much overview.

I agree that there is not a lot out there that explains AF without the
mumbo-jumbo. I had to learn about ti the hard way. But I will say with my
own quirks-mode hat on that I see AF as the Simplest Thing That Can
Possibly Work in dealing with the foremost problem int he XML space, that
of Semantic Transparency, as originally discussed by Robin Cover:

http://xml.coverpages.org/xmlAndSemantics.html

And which I've discussed a great deal since 2000 in my IBM column:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/xml/libraryview.jsp?search_by=thinking+xml
:

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net