Re: xml:* attributes

On 16/08/2012 14:00, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> The xml:id spec already covers this, a

I don't believe it covers it for micro-xml.

If xml:id is allowed and reserved but the micro-xml data model has no
means of recording ID (or other) types then the micro-xml parser can not
record those types so an xml:id processor as envisaged by the xml has
nothing to hook on. Even the get-out clause in the xml id spec

> For applications that operate on data models defined in other ways,
> the mechanisms are implementation dependent:
>
> The xml:id processor may report the results of ID type assignment in
> some other way.

is somewhat compromised by the following line

> The key requirement is that the application be made aware of the
> results of ID type assignment.

If the micro-xml data model has no way to record ID status.

I think allowing the xml:id syntax but not making the attribute act like
an ID is a kind of fake compatibility that does more harm than good, so,
as I said, I would go for not allowing xml: attributes.

David