From: Chris Needham <chris.needham@bbc.co.uk>
Sent: 14 December 2022 17:58
To: public-media-wg@w3.org
Subject: CfC: Adopt Audio Focus API into the Media WG

Dear all,

Following discussion in the Media WG meeting yesterday [1], this is a call for consensus to adopt the Audio Focus API as a Media Working Group deliverable.

The Audio Focus API is currently in WICG, and the WG proposes to develop the API based on Youenn's updated explainer [2].

The Media WG Charter includes the Audio Focus API under "Potential Normative Specifications", and the WG can adopt the API if there is WG consensus [3].

Because of the holiday period, the CfC will end on Tuesday 10th January. Please reply to this email and state one of the following:

* I support adoption of the Audio Focus API as a Media Working Group deliverable

* I object to adoption of the Audio Focus API as a Media Working Group deliverable (please detail any concerns)

If the CfC concludes to adopt the API, the next steps would be to coordinate with the WICG chairs to move the GitHub repo to the Media WG.

Many thanks,

Chris (for the Media WG co-chairs)

[1] https://www.w3.org/2022/12/13-mediawg-minutes.html#t02

[2] https://github.com/youennf/audio-focus/blob/main/explainer.md