From: Chris Needham <chris.needham@bbc.co.uk>
Sent: 21 November 2022 11:36
To: François Daoust <fd@w3.org>; public-media-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: WebCodecs - incoming liaison statement from ITU-T SG16

Thank you Francois. I suggest we prepare a reply, so I started a draft here:

https://github.com/w3c/media-wg/blob/main/liaisons/2022-10-28-itu-t-sg16.md

I'm happy to write, but need input from WebCodecs implementers and editors:

* Current implementation status and plans for each browser engine
* Future plans for the spec - e.g., integration points, https://github.com/w3c/media-pipeline-arch

* Any specific comments on H.266 (VVC)? Implementer interest?

The liaison statement requests a reply before 11 January 2023.

Please share your input in GitHub - PRs to add to the draft are welcome. We can also use our next Media WG call on December 13 to discuss and collect input.

Many thanks,

Chris (for the Media WG co-chairs)