From: Mounir Lamouri [mlamouri@google.com]
Sent: 07 September 2020 19:32
To: public-media-wg@w3.org
Subject: Call for Consensus: attempt to move Media Playback Quality to HTML WHATWG

This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to merge the Media Playback Quality<https://w3c.github.io/media-playback-quality/> specification to the HTML<https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/> specification as part of the WHATWG.

As a reminder, this was discussed during our June call [issue]<https://github.com/w3c/media-wg/issues/17> and the general feedback in the call was in support of merging the specification given the very small API surface added in the document. The alternative to merging this specification into the HTML specification is to publish the work as a FPWD.

The CfC will last for two weeks, and will end on Monday the 21st of September at 18:00 UTC. Please reply to this email and state one of the following:
 * I support merging the Media Playback Quality specification into the HTML specification.
 * I object to merging the Media Playback Quality specification into the HTML specification and would support a FPWD as part of the Media WG.

It's worth noting that even if the group consensus comes in support of merging the work, we will need to run this through the W3C/WHATWG Steering Committee. The final decision is conditional to their approval.

Thanks,
-- Media WG Chairs