Re: Informal (dynamic) Media Fragments URI discussion

From: Olivier Aubert <olivier.aubert@univ-nantes.fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 15:27:49 +0200
To: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Cc: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Raphaƫl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>, Pierre-Antoin Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>, Thomas.Kurz@salzburgresearch.at, Harald Sack <harald.sack@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hello all

Following our fruitful discussion at WWW, I took some time to build an
implementation of the approach I proposed, using SVG paths to define
both arbitrary shapes and dynamic spatial fragments. This approach has
many benefits and also some shortcomings, that I have tried to summarize
in the documentation.

A demo page is available at
http://olivieraubert.net/dynamic-media-fragments/
(page developped/tested with Chrome. There are some issues with Firefox
that I do not have time to investigate right now, hints welcome)

and the corresponding code and README is on github :
https://github.com/oaubert/mediafragment-prototype

Feel free to comment/improve/rewrite...

Cheers,
Olivier