Re: Media Fragments - Video fragment temporal loop

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Raphaël Troncy
<raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:

> FYI, Chrome has already a related bug, "Video with multiple fragment
> identifiers in combination with other videos causes initial play issue",
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=327612

Sorry to disappoint you, but that bug is not related at all, in
particular since it has been closed as a duplicate of
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=31014 . This bug
means that Chrome is unable to deal with the same media resource being
referenced in a video or audio element twice on the same HTML page. It
has nothing to do with looping and gapless playback.

Gapless playback has been a request of app devs for a very long time.
Maybe we need to solve this as part of making media fragments work the
way they are intended to be. For now, however, I would be quite happy
with best effort for the loop attribute, no matter whether we are
looping over the full file or parts of it.