Re: Generic syntax

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>wrote:

> I wanted to reuse the generic syntax defined in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/#media-fragment-syntax for Zip URLs.
> However, the processing model is incompatible with supporting a value
> that is a byte sequence. So I'll probably end up defining something
> like it... In the end though I don't think we want multiple parsers
> for that format laying around so some convergence is probably welcome.
> Maybe even combine with
> http://url.spec.whatwg.org/#application/x-www-form-urlencoded in some
> way.

It makes sense to me to harmonize all these, since they're all doing
similar parsing.

What changes do you expect need to be made to
http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/#media-fragment-syntax ?

At the time that we specified that part of the spec, nothing existed that
we could reference, which is why we had to specify it.
Could this generic fragment parsing approach be included into the URL spec
and just be referenced from the media frag spec?

<http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/#media-fragment-syntax>