W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > November 2011

Minutes of 2011-11-30 phoneconf

From: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:25:02 +0100
Message-Id: <6D25AD20-966F-4CBB-A57C-6CC4861C02C3@ugent.be>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

For the record, the minutes of today's phoneconf are ready for review @ http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format below).

Sincere greetings,
 
Erik Mannens, PhD
 
Research Unit Leader - Future Media & Imaging Dept.
 
Ghent University - IBBT
Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
Dept. ELIS - MMLab
Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent, Belgium
 
T: +32 9 331 49 93
F: +32 9 331 48 96
M: +32 473 27 44 17
E: erik.mannens@ugent.be
W: http://www.mmlab.be/emannens
 
 
http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be


---



- DRAFT -

Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

30 Nov 2011

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Erik, Davy, Yves, Thomas, Filip
Regrets
Raphael, Silvia
Chair
Erik
Scribe
Erik, Davy
Contents

Topics
ADMIN
SPEC
Test cases and implementations
update action list
update issue-list
what's still left to do?
AOB
Summary of Action Items


<trackbot> Date: 30 November 2011

<Yves> I'll call soon

<erik> Scribe: Erik

ADMIN

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last telecon: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/23-mediafrag-minutes.html

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last telecon: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/23-mediafrag-minutes.html

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last telecon: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/23-mediafrag-minutes.html

<tomayac> +1 to accept

<davy> +1

+1

SPEC

so Yves says the publication to CR will be tomorrow (Thursday)

Davy asks if features 'at risk' will be marked non-normative?

Yves says it should just be another normative note

<davy> Davy: can appendix about RTSP processing be moved to recipes note?

<davy> Yves: no problem

Yves says that just editorial changes to make spec more readable are justified between CR and PR

<foolip> so, if we're dropping server-side, is there any dimension left that has 2 client-side implementations?

<davy> Thomas: in the strict sense, we have not yet two complete implementations

<davy> ... but the current 'implementations' fulfil the requirements for me

<Yves> xywh should stay

<davy> foolip: what dimensions will be in the spec?

<davy> erik: time (only npt) and spatial

<davy> scribenick: Davy

<scribe> scribe: Davy

<Yves> even the fact that mediadescription (and CSS) uses mediafrag is in one way an implementation

Thomas: Opera had at some point an implementation, but then it got canceled. Where did it get dropped from the priority list?

foolip: implementation was a PoC for the Open Video conference
... it was an experiment if it worked or not
... it's on the priority list, but there are other things to do first

thomas: for chromium, it is still open
... don't know about the priority

<erik> ACTION-231: Yves to check if his grammar is in sync with the latest version of the spec

<trackbot> ACTION-231 Check if his grammar is in synch with the latest version of the spec notes added

<erik> close ACTION-231

<trackbot> ACTION-231 Check if his grammar is in synch with the latest version of the spec closed

<tomayac> the "pink glasses" mail I was referring to before: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Nov/0078.html

close ACTION-244

<trackbot> ACTION-244 Mail implementers the likelihood to get the remaining features implemented in the coming weeks closed

Test cases and implementations

http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-impl/

<tomayac> The Chromium bug: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=94368

<Yves> tomayac, putting things 'at risk' does mean that we can remove them if needed, it doesn't mean they will be removed.

erik: slight change that dailymotion comes up with an implementation (both client and server-side)
... we should have feedback by next week

<tomayac> Yves, I know. Slow steps, but that's good I guess :-)

<scribe> ACTION: troncy to clarify whether Dailymotion will provide an implementation or not [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-245 - Clarify whether Dailymotion will provide an implementation or not [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2011-12-07].

close ACTION-228

<trackbot> ACTION-228 Develop the validator page using his js library for media fragments closed

close ACTION-232

<trackbot> ACTION-232 Use the machine readable descriptions of the test cases (n3, rdf) for adapting to the Mozilla test suite framework closed

close ACTION-237

<trackbot> ACTION-237 Review TC-0095-UA to TC-0102-UA closed

close ACTION-238

<trackbot> ACTION-238 Review TC0002-S to TC0026-S (server test cases) closed

close ACTION-239

<trackbot> ACTION-239 Review TC0027-S to TC0102-S (server test cases) closed

close ACTION-241

<trackbot> ACTION-241 Starting from http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/implementationtests.html to generate a EARL report closed

close ACTION-242

<trackbot> ACTION-242 Contact Jack to get media resources to test TC0099 and TC0100 closed

close ACTION-234

<trackbot> ACTION-234 Review the "Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures" IETF draft closed

close ACTION-243

<trackbot> ACTION-243 Search for a media resource that contains a chapter name closed

<doublec> sorry, late to call

update action list

Action-240?

<trackbot> ACTION-240 -- Raphaël Troncy to create a first draft of this page on the wiki before designing the web site -- due 2011-10-12 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/240

erik: still open

update issue-list

issue-10?

<trackbot> ISSUE-10 -- Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/10

<scribe> ACTION: erik to update the issues and close the issues that can be closed [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-246 - Update the issues and close the issues that can be closed [on Erik Mannens - due 2011-12-07].

erik: issue-10 can be closed

issue-17?

<trackbot> ISSUE-17 -- Media Fragment track names and IRIs -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/17

erik: can be closed as well (will be addressed in a future version of the spec)

issue-20?

<trackbot> ISSUE-20 -- Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining what the media fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*, audio/* -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/20

Yves: we should ask Philippe Le H�garet about that

erik: will close this issue and send a mail to philippe

issue-21?

<trackbot> ISSUE-21 -- Expressing complex regions with a reference in Media Fragments URI -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/21

erik: something for MF2.0, can be closed

what's still left to do?

erik: restructuring the spec
... removing the features that are not implemented
... implementation report
... how much time is needed between CR and PR?

AOB

<tomayac> no aob

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: troncy to clarify whether Dailymotion will provide an implementation or not [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
 
[DONE] ACTION: erik to update the issues and close the issues that can be [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/11/30 10:45:55 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/TPOIC/TOPIC/
Found Scribe: Erik
Inferring ScribeNick: erik
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <Davy> ...
Found ScribeNick: Davy
Found Scribe: Davy
Inferring ScribeNick: davy
Scribes: Erik, Davy
ScribeNicks: Davy, erik
Present: Erik Davy Yves Thomas Filip
Regrets: Raphael Silvia
Found Date: 30 Nov 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html
People with action items: troncy

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]   
Received on Wednesday, 30 November 2011 11:25:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:47 UTC