Re: User Script adds (temporal NPT) Media Fragments URI support to Safari, Firefox & Chrome

Hi Thomas,

On 21/11/2011 15:16, Thomas Steiner wrote:
> Hi Davy,
>
>> (meanwhile updated to (Windows) Chrome 17.0.942.0 dev)
>> This is what I do:
>>
>> 1. open http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/dizzy.mp4#t=10,20: everything runs
>> fine: video starts at 10s and stops at 20s (see also output in
>> mediafrag1.png)
>> 2. I change the address in the address bar to
>> http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/dizzy.mp4#t=5,20 and hit F5 to refresh the
>> page: the video starts to play from 0s (and not the expected 5s). (see
>> output in mediafrag2.png)
> I have tested your example 1:1, and it works perfectly fine here. What
> confuses me is that in your screenshots the reported URL is the same
> in both cases. If you really do a hard reload, the URL should be
> different. Could you try changing the URL, and then forcing a reload
> with Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5, following the Chrome documentation [1] this
> "Reloads your current page, ignoring cached content.".
I tried with a hard reload (Shift+F5) but I still don't get the expected
result. The URI is changed now, but the initial seek (to 5s) does not
happen (see also screenshot).

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab