Re: minutes of 2011-05-11 teleconference

2011/5/18 Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>:
> Silvia,
>
> On 18/05/2011 3:18, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> Nice work!
>>
>> I've spotted some remaining occurrences of "id":
>> section 5.2.3:
>>   Accept-Ranges: bytes, t, track, id
>>
>> section 6.2.1
>>   (i.e., t, xywh, track, and id)
>
> Thanks for catching these, I will correct them.
>
>> Further on a note that Davy put into 4.2.3 Track Dimension:
>> "We can also reference the HTML5 Media Multitrack API here, when it's
>> mentioned in the HTML5 spec. "
>> ->  yes, we absolutely should
>> Do you want me to formulate an example?
>
> Yes, please do!
>
>> Finally about section 5.2.3 Server triggered redirect:
>> can I suggest that instead of dropping it we re-set the example to use
>> "chapters", because that would explain exactly how they are done?
>
> Do you mean something like:
>
> GET /video.ogv HTTP/1.1
> Host: www.example.com
> Accept: video/*
> Range: chapter=chapter1
>
> results in
>
> HTTP/1.1 307 Temporary Redirect
> Location: http://www.example.com/video.ogv#t=10,20
> Accept-Ranges: bytes, t, chapter
> Link: <http://www.example.com/video.ogv#chapter=chapter1>;rel="fragment"
> Vary: *

Yes, I wonder if that would be useful. Admittedly I haven't thought
through it fully.

> ? (Also, I'm not sure 'fragment' is in this case the right relationship
> naming for the Link header ...)

Yeah... I don't know. I was just trying to start thinking through how
we would resolve a chapter link so that it results in a time link and
can eventually be mapped to byte ranges.